*revised March 20, 2019*
These Terms of Service include our ‘deliverables’ and also what we need from you to keep things running smoothly. Please read and submit form at the bottom of this page. *TOS subject to change without notice.
Our Promise – Reliability, Professionalism & Communication
We appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and keep you as a life-long client!
Weekly Lawn Maintenance Clients
- You can expect us to arrive every week for your lawn service. We will do our best to come on the same day every week, but we may come a day early or late depending on weather, forecasts and holidays.
- Your lawn will have a nice, manicured and professional look when we are finished.
- We will not edge the walks and drive every week, but we’ll keep it maintained all season long.
- Our crew will be well-groomed in appearance and be courteous, respectful and professional at all times
Service Visit Fuel Surcharge (Lawn Maintenance Clients Only)
In the event that fuel costs increase (above $3/gallon), we will be assessing a fuel surcharge. This will be an additional charge shown as a separate line item on your invoice. To simplify billing, this may be assessed on a weekly or monthly basis – depending on frequency required.
- Anticipated surcharges are as follows: If fuel reaches $3.01/gallon, we’ll add a surcharge of $2.00; for each additional $.50 increase in fuel cost/gallon, we will add an additional $1.
Payment for Scheduled Services
Your credit card will be kept on file and payments will automatically be processed on the day of or shortly after each service.
- For your protection, please do not email or text your credit card number. We will call you when we are in front of the computer and can input data directly into our secure system.
- Services will be suspended for declined or late payments
- There will be a $35 fee for NSF advanced payments via check and a $10 fee for declined credit card transactions, as well as a $10 per month late fee added to each past due invoice.
- For large landscaping jobs, we may require a 50% deposit prior to service.
- We do not schedule work on weekends or holidays – but our schedule may get stretched due to weather conditions out of our control.
- In the case of weather delays, we will get back on our normal schedule the following week – even if it’s just a few days between cuts. (This is necessary to maintain quality and consistent service to all our valued clients.)
- You may skip service up to 4 times during the season via a minimum of 48 hours notice at no charge and without losing your spot on our schedule.
- In case of potential drought conditions or yard/house projects, moving trucks, fallen trees, etc. that could interfere with your service, please be sure to let us know at least 48 hours in advance or as soon as possible. Simply text us at 317-721-7669 with your request to delay or skip a service.
- If advanced notice is not received, and we show up but can’t provide your service, we will need to charge you a trip charge of $30. (We hope you understand that we still need to pay our crew and expenses to get there.)
- If grass is overgrown due to services being skipped, and we have to spend more time servicing it when we return, we may need to charge for extra time and labor (usually at least 1-2 times the normal rate).
- Bi-weekly lawn maintenance services are not offered.
- Mulch installation services, lawn treatments and spring clean-ups will begin as soon as weather allows – usually mid-March, but can be requested at any time during the season.
- Lawn Maintenance will begin at first sign of growth – usually the first of April – and will continue into December.
- Aerations are typically done in the spring during April/mid-May and in the fall in during September/mid-October.
- Leaf Clean-Up will typically begin during the last week of October and go thru mid-December.
- We are generally closed from mid-December thru mid-March.
Prior to Our Arrival for Your Scheduled Services…
Mowing & Leaf Clean Ups:
- All miscellaneous items including trash, doggy piles, toys, furniture, hoses, large sticks, etc. must be picked up from the lawn before the morning of your scheduled service day. We start at 8am, so the night before is usually best.
- There may be an additional charge due to the extra clean up needed if we step in or run our equipment thru ‘doggy piles’.
- There will be an additional charge for moving items left in the lawn. Or we may mow around said items (furniture, hoses, etc.).
- We offer Pooper-Scooper Services as an add-on to regular lawn maintenance service if you would like us to take care of that for you!
- Please make sure your irrigation heads are working properly and not sticking up when we mow.
- We cannot be held liable for damage caused by hitting such items we can’t see with our equipment.
Mulch, Aerations, Etc.:
- For projects that require digging (mulch installs, trenching and aerations), please call 811 to “Know what’s below. Call before [we] dig.” We sometimes go more than 4″ deep on these services. All invisible fences, cables and irrigation heads, etc. MUST BE MARKED prior to service.
- You can mark with spray paint, flag or similar item any cables, wires, etc. that are buried less than 6″ deep.
- We cannot be held responsible for damage to items not marked.
- If there’s a locked gate, be sure to give us a key or code to get in – or have it unlocked on your day of service.
Contract for Services
We are still able to work on a “gentlemen’s agreement” with no signed contract for the season. Our objective is to provide such great service, you’ll never want to leave us! We will provide reliable, quality service at a fair price. All services will be considered ‘evergreen agreements’ – automatically renewing each year unless there’s a confirmed cancellation of services.
Please let us know if you are unhappy with us for any reason so that we can make efforts to fix any issues. If you still believe we’re not a good fit, a 2 week’s notice for cancellation of service would be appreciated, but is not required. Please direct any concerns directly to Trisha via phone, email or text (rather than to our crew on site), as we need to be made aware of any issues and will handle them with our team, as needed.
Thank you for reading. We are so excited to be working with you!
Cheers to a great season!